Care and Create: arts and older people
A workshop event for care professionals and artists working with older people in care.
Thu 29 June 2017
11:00 – 15:30 BST
Care and Create will bring care professionals, artists and cultural organisations together to create a shared understanding of good practice and explore opportunities to work together.
This event will include presentations of inspring arts projects for older people experiencing care, facilitated discussion sessions and a networking lunch. It will enable artists, cultural organisations and care professionals to explore the opportunities and challenges of delivering creative projects in the care community, broaden their understanding of good practice and discuss ways of connecting and working together.
- gain a better understanding of the arts world and the roles artists might play in care services
- gain a better understanding of good practice in care provision and the opportunities and challenges faced by the sector
- broaden your view of how professional artists can creatively collaborate with the care community and create successful projects
Presented by ArtWorks Scotland, Creative Scotland, the Care Inspectorate and Luminate
Workshop will be facilitated by Kate Organ.
Lunch included. Teas/coffees available from 10:30am.
Speakers will include:
- Paula Brown, Arora, Scotland
- Anne Gallacher, Luminate
- Noortje Kessels and Maaike Mul, Wintertuin, Netherlands
- Natalie McFadyen-White, Impact Arts, Scotland
- Reg Noyes, cARTrefu, Wales
- Carol Reilly, Care Home Manager, Catmoor House, Scotland
To find out more and to book your place, please visit Care and create: arts and older people eventbrite
24th May 2017