"Transforming the Deaf Dementia Experience" Project
A community interest initiative that supports Deaf people living with dementia and their carers.
- Create a toolkit for Deaf people living with dementia and their carers.
- Promote a better understanding of dementia for Deaf people and carers.
- Provide resources and information about dementia in British Sign Language (BSL).
- Deliver dementia awareness training in BSL for Deaf people.
- Develop accessible resources and sharing reminiscence materials in BSL.
- Provide BSL dementia friendly training for healthcare professionals, charities, organisations and dementia friendly communities.
- Improve our understanding of BSL dementia friendly communities.
- Conduct research to determine the current diagnosis and provision of Dementia support.
- Strengthen the BDA Scotland’s support provision for Deaf people ie living with dementia by collaborating and signposting them towards pathways to services.
If you are interested about this project, please email Lucy Clark
Lucy Clark is Access and Inclusion (Dementia) Officer
6th December 2017