Become a Member
Increase your knowledge and confidence in intergenerational work
Access exclusive membership benefits and support networks
Join the movement – help connect the generations. Make your community a place where everyone can enjoy relationships helping to create a more inclusive society for all ages
Who can be a member of Generations Working Together
We welcome people from diverse roles and settings, and many different types of organisations. Our members can include people joining as individuals and organisations of all types and sizes – community groups, charities, not-for-profits, social enterprises, public bodies - including local authority, health and university departments - and sole traders and private businesses.
We want to be accessible to as many as possible while spreading the costs, and continue to deliver meaningful benefits to all our members. Membership remains FREE to most people living and based in Scotland, thanks to our funders including Scottish Government.
Fees, where they apply, are on a sliding scale, based on affordability and the ability to pay. The largest organisations pay a bit more to enable the smallest organisations to access our services, resources and support.
As of Wednesday 4 October 2023, we are introducing a new membership structure. We have more categories of membership which are free. Some have reduced in price.
Existing fee-paying members will be emailed a month before their next annual renewal date falling after 4 October 2023, and invited to move onto the new structure.
Generations Working Together membership – benefits include
- Expert guidance and support via a range of Networks, local and thematic, as well 1to1 advice and a monthly online clinic
- Local network meetings (18 networks across Scotland) and thematic network meetings (on 4 topic areas, online) – sharing learning, making new connections
- Discounted rates for online training modules and training courses, in-person and online, including our accredited International Certificate in Intergenerational Practice
- Priority booking and discounted rates for national and international conferences and other events
- Free downloadable resources – access to more publications and materials via member-only areas of our website, plus hard copies of key publications
- Monthly e-news, with latest updates on training, events, resources and new developments in the field.
We offer FREE membership to people in a range of situations – no matter where you live – in Scotland, elsewhere in the UK and across the world.
- Student - aged 16 and over
- Young person - aged 16 to 17 and not in education, training or work
- Unemployed – aged 18 years and over
- Retired and at, or over, state retiral age in your own country
- Volunteer (individual)
- Professional (individual) - working in a developing nation/the Global South
Membership is FREE to most people living and based in Scotland, thanks to our funders including Scottish Government.
- It is FREE for anyone joining as an individual.
- It is FREE to community groups, public and third sector organisations with staff based in Scotland, delivering activities here in SCOTLAND.
- Businesses - operating and/or having their head office in SCOTLAND - pay a fee, based on company size – turnover and number of employees.
International - individuals, groups and organisations based outside Scotland
- The rest of the UK - Northern Ireland, Wales and England
The right category and fee for you depends on your organisation's sector and income level or, when joining as an individual, if you are working or not.
For individuals and organisations we collaborate with – in Scotland, elsewhere in the UK and worldwide – we have a no-fee Reciprocal Offer. See below for more information.
If you are interested, please get in touch to discuss: email@example.com.
Our membership categories and fees – Scotland and International
See where you, and/or your organisation, fit – click here for an overview.