Generations Together Shaping Futures Event
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Town Hall, Upper Hillhead, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0HB
Shetland Islands Council and Generations Working Together (GWT) organised an event on Tuesday 23rd April 2013 to discuss the benefits of intergenerational practice and to share the recently published Guidelines document: Bringing Together Local Authorities and Intergenerational Practice in a Scottish Policy Context.
Invitations were circulated across the Shetland Isles inviting representatives from the Council, NHS, Community Safety and other local organisations to explore the guidelines and identify how the resource could be used to support Shetland Islands Council and local intergenerational projects.
Christine Ferguson, Director of Corporate Services provided a very thought provoking speech. The afternoon was lead by Alison Clyde, National Development Officer (GWT) and demonstrated how intergenerational practice could play an important part in meeting both Scottish Government objectives and aspects of local priorities and policies including the single outcome agreement (SOA).
Feedback from the session was extremely positive:
• I will use the information I have learned today to signpost people to intergenerational projects locally. Thank you.
• I will use the information contained in the Guidelines booklet to inform funding applications and project proposals.
• I found today useful going into more discussion on Intergenerational Practice. I would like to use this document by taking this back to the rest of the team, how we can strengthen community bonds with young people and all ages.
• I plan to take the guidelines to my management team and cascade and share with my peers and look at in the context of our draft SOA.
• Really interesting and some of the projects were so inspirational! As Lead Officer for the ‘Safer’ strand of the SOA I shall revisit it to see if any IP projects can be incorporated
For more details contact Alison.
Book Your Place
Sorry, bookings are now closed for this event.