GWT Recognition Awards 2018
Congratulations to our 2018 recognition award winners and thank you to everyone for sending in your nominations. We had a brilliant response and there were some very deserving winners. Well done to all.
The awards were presented at the Strathclyde University’s Centre of Technology & Innovation by our new chair, George Kay and the Lord Provost of Glasgow, Eva Bolander.
Through our yearly awards we celebrate and recognise the outstanding talent, commitment and inspirational involvement of workers, volunteers and groups who are involved with and are embracing Intergenerational work across Scotland.
The awards highlighted organisations who are committed to intergenerational work and who will inspire others to start their own projects. We also hope that the recipients will continue to grow the projects and embed intergenerational approaches within their practice and policy.
The five categories Trophy Winners of 2018 Recognition Awards in Intergenerational work were:
- New intergenerational project (Less than 12 months) – ‘Blethering Buddies Harris’ Academy
- Established intergenerational project (Greater than 1 year) – ‘Back to Life’ Newbyres Nursery and Newbyres Village Care Home
- Building successful partnerships through intergenerational work – Intergenerational Befriending Caithness
- Yvonne Coull, Local Network Coordinators Award – Louisa Turner, Fife Intergenerational Network
Due to the outstanding applications submitted Certificates of outstanding contribution were also awarded to the following projects:
- New intergenerational project (Less than 12 months) – Difference in Age and Time’ Balhousie Primary School
- Building successful partnerships through intergenerational work – ‘Old’s Cool Intergenerational Project’ Citadel Youth Centre
If you would like to find out more about the awards or would like to feature winners in the media, please contact Kate our Communications and Policy Assistant directly.