NGFP Awards from the School of International Futures
Applications are now open for the Next Generation Foresight Practitioners (NGFP) 2022 Awards! We’re particularly excited about the awards this year as this cohort marks our fifth anniversary.
The NGFP Programme exists to accelerate the transformation of the next generation of changemakers using foresight as a key tool to envision inclusive and equitable futures globally. The awards are open to anyone between the ages of 18-35 or with less than five years’ experience as a foresight practitioner. Enter for a chance to get your ideas funded and join this exciting community.
• Join the largest global network of future-alert activists and practitioners in the world, with 500 members from over 80 countries.
• Main Winner receives a USD 10,000 prize to support their project and attendance at the SOIF Summer Retreat organised in the UK.
• Seven Funded Special Awards worth USD 1,000 each: East Asia, Small Island Developing States, Peacebuilding, Security and Technology and four new awards, focused on Intergenerational Fairness, Balkans, Existential Risk and a special award aimed for those over 65s to celebrate experienced voices coming new to the futures and foresight field from other sectors.
• Two walkabout prizes worth USD 1,000 each that are open to an individual or small team between the ages of 18 – 25 who are advocating for futures thinking and change in their community.
• They receive opportunities to access the NGFP Impact Fund, gain mentorship, collaborate and learn from experts and other members.
Applications will close on 14 July 2022. Winners will be announced in September. Find out more about the NGFP2022 Awards
Next Generation Foresight Practitioners (NGFP) Awards, is an initiative by the School of International Futures (SOIF), to recognise and support futures-alert changemakers and their work. Since 2018, the NGFP awards has showcased and supported upcoming and diverse next generation changemakers. The remarkable projects and ideas of NGFP awardees and fellows aim to address global, regional and local challenges to shape a better future.
Have a look through the categories which cover 11-17 yrs. 18-25 yrs, 18-35 yrs and 65+ (which also relates to more than literally 65+ yr olds!)
“As part of this year’s NGFP Award, we’re excited to introduce two new awards: 1) Over 65 award to celebrate experienced voices coming new to the futures and foresight field from other sectors; and 2) Intergenerational Fairness award to recognize emerging voices working in intergenerational issues in their communities.
Our rationale for the Over 65 Award is this: we don’t think that ‘next generation’ necessarily means that voices are from the next generation, so much as they are passionate about a fairer world for the next generation, and using foresight to enable this. We want to celebrate those that start this work at all stages of their career. We think that this would bring a really useful and lively intergenerational lens to the NGFP community.”