Aspiring Communities Fund
The Fund will help enable community bodies and third sector organisations in our most deprived and fragile communities to develop and deliver long-term local solutions that address local priorities and needs, increase active inclusion and build on the assets of local communities to reduce poverty and to enable inclusive growth. Successful projects will put communities first by involving local people in the process and support the aims of the Fairer Scotland Action Plan to change deep seated, multi-generational deprivation, poverty and inequalities. Through this fund we will explore partnership approaches between statutory bodies and local communities with a shared interest in exploring new and sustainable ways of working to improve local outcomes.
What It Will Fund
The aim of this funding is to strengthen and empower communities, increase levels of economic activity, stimulate inclusive growth, local service provision and inclusion by:
- Enabling communities to design and establish new or enhanced services addressing poverty and inequalities;
- Supporting staff posts within community organisations to increase levels of economic activity, local service provision and inclusion, and enhance community resilience.
- Accelerating the implementation of projects and services delivering longer lastingsolutions that empower individuals and communities to shape their futures by involving local people in the process.
- Empowering communities can be achieved by:
- delivering on community-led solutions that tackle priorities that matter most to communities;
- for more vulnerable and harder to reach groups, through local interventions that act as a catalyst for engagement and offer opportunities and pathways for social and community integration.
Following a flat rate cost model, the Fund will contribute to direct staff costs and indirect costs associated with delivery of approved Structural Funds activity.
The Fund supports new or enhanced activity only, and cannot be used for activities previously or currently funded under any other ESF funding programmes.
To find out more and how to apply please visit Aspiring Communities Fund