CashBack for Communities Youth Work Fund
The Youth Work Fund aims to build the capacity of young people and the youth work organisations who work to support them. We welcome proposals for operating costs relating to the delivery of youth work activity programmes that add to or consolidate the excellent youth work already being undertaken throughout Scotland.
A total of £600,000 is available. In order to be eligible to access the latest round of funding, all proposed youth work activities must be delivered between the 1 April 2016 and the 31 March 2017.
- Target young people aged 10 to 19 years.
- Offer free youth work activities for young people to increase the opportunities they have to develop their interests and skills in an enjoyable, fulfilling and supported way.
- Focus resources in areas where there is a demonstrated need, taking account of local priorities.
- Fill gaps in provision for young people or add value/build on existing provision.
- Support young people who are currently involved or at risk of becoming involved in violence, alcohol, drugs and/or anti-social behaviour.
- Promote equalities and be open and accessible to young people.
- Support and encourage the involvement of local young people in the development, management and running of the project.
- Demonstrate sustainability (whether in attracting other resources or in leaving a legacy.
The closing date for applications is 1.00pm on Wednesday 9 December 2015
More information on the latest round of the CashBack Youth Work Fund, grant criteria and details can be accessed on the YouthLink Scotland website.