Recipes For Intergenerational Success
Bridges Together is pleased to present these creative ideas to engage, entertain, and strengthen families, organizations, and communities. Enjoy!
To help plan your Intergenerational Awareness Month event:
We’ve compiled loads of resources — we call them Recipes for Intergenerational Success — to help you plan an event! Take a look below — we’ve divided them into Detailed Plans (where we’ve spelled out the nitty-gritty of an entire event) and Springboards. (Resources designed to provide inspiration for you to plan your own, customized event.)
Either way, you’ll want to print out our One-Time Event Recipe for Success, which gives you a template for planning an event that flows and allows for meaningful intergenerational engagement! Our Steps to Create an Intergenerational (IG) Program in Your Community sheet is a great place to start.
- Let’s Dance: Planning an Intergenerational Prom
- Helping Hands: Intergenerational Volunteering
- Calling All Scouts: Uniting Generations from Your Scouting Program
- Celebrating Grandparents (and Grandfriends) Day
- Easy Outdoor Intergenerational Activities
- Making Intergenerational Music
- UP: An Intergenerational Movie Night
- Planning a Community Walk: A Recipe for Intergenerational Success
- Intergenerational Trips to the Art Museum
- Intergenerational Activities at the Library
To access all the resources please visit Recipes For Intergenerational Success from Bridges Together