The ScotRail Cultural and Arts Fund
As part of the ‘ScotRail in the Community’ initiative, a £40,000 annual Cultural and Arts Fund will enable communities to flourish.
The ScotRail Foundation can provide grants of between £500 and £2,000.
Making A Difference
The application must fit within at least one of the following themes to be eligible for funding:
- Promotion of performing arts, visual arts, literature, community arts, and cultural traditions
- Support for artists and artistic organisations to work with communities
- Public art e.g. sculptures in open spaces engaging with communities
- Play areas for children
- Provision of local activity programmes (including local festivals, civic weeks and galas)
- Increasing participation in sport and physical activity
- Sports events
- Sport outreach programmes
Who can apply?
The fund welcomes applications from individuals/sole traders and constituted community groups working in Scotland with an income of no more than £100,000 per year. You/your group’s most recent accounts, or in the case of very new groups, a projection of income and expenditure must be provided with your application.
Individuals may only apply if the project they are planning involves actively engaging or working with a community (by community we mean either a geographical community or a group with shared interests). Although the award can cover fees for an individual to deliver a service in the community, it would not support the purchase of equipment etc that would only further the individual’s private business.
Before you proceed, please ensure that you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Do you have a child and vulnerable adult policy? (If you work/intend to work with vulnerable adults/children you will need to provide this with your application.)
- Will your activity benefit a Scottish community?
- If you are you a constituted group:
- Have you provided a signed copy of your constitution or other governing document alongside your application?
- Do you have at least three members on your management committee or board?
- Do you have independently examined and verified annual accounts or a projection of income and expenditure? (a projection is only appropriate if you are in your first year of operation)
- Is your income less than £100,000 in your most recent annual accounts?
- Do you have a bank account in the name of your group?
- Do you have at least two unrelated cheque signatories required to sign your group’s cheques?
The fund will not support applications from/for:
- Organisations with an annual income of more than £100,000
- Statutory organisations
- Individuals seeking support for business development costs only
To find out more about this funding opportunity and how to apply please visit Foundation Scotland