Woodward Charitable Trust’s Main Grants Scheme Opens
The Trust has two funding rounds per year. The Autumn round is now open for application from UK registered charities with an annual income of less than £300,000.
The Trust offers the following grants:
- Small grants of between £100 and £5,000 (around 100 grants are made per year).
- Large grants of over £5,000 (around five grants are made per year and these are usually awarded to charities already known to the Trustees).
Applicants should be aware that less than 15% of the applications received are successful.
Applications must be in support of the following activities:
- Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behavior.
- Prisoners and ex-offenders. Projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders are supported as well as requests to help prisoners’ families
- Disadvantaged women, covering refuges, domestic violence and parenting.
- Disability projects, which can include rehabilitation and training for people who are either physically disabled or learning disabled.
- Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people.
- Projects that promote integration and community cohesion amongst minority groups, including refugees and travelers.
The Trustees favour small-scale, locally based initiatives.
The deadline for applications is 16 December 2016.