International Diploma in Intergenerational Learning (IDIL)
GWT is delighted to launch the IDIL edition 2 course which will run from Monday 27th September - Sunday 21st November 2021 (please note the course has been extended to 8 weeks however includes a weeks break for the October holidays).
The course will consist of three on-line modules and will take approximately 75 hours to complete. Each student will receive support from an online tutor.
Cost - Member: £180 Non - Member £205
The course is aimed at anyone who wants to gain a deeper understanding of intergenerational work, its purpose, impact and practical application to enable them to apply this within their own work. Students can complete their studies at times which are suitable to them as long as this falls between the start and finish date.
The course is open to all including: community workers, care home activity coordinators, nursery/playgroup staff, primary/secondary teachers, classroom assistants, community learning & development, social care professionals, social workers, sociologists, psychologists, leisure & physical activity professionals, employment advisors, doctors, nurses and healthcare workers, librarians and third sector professionals of all backgrounds and levels.
On completion of this online training course students will:
- Understand what we mean by intergenerational practice and projects and what they can achieve.
- Understand the ways in which intergenerational practice and projects are of relevance in different contexts and situations and why they are so important in today’s changing society.
- Understand how intergenerational practice and projects can contribute to more inclusive communities and workplaces.
- Understand and recognise the importance of monitoring and evaluating intergenerational projects.
- Understand some of the opportunities and issues, which can arise in monitoring and evaluating an intergenerational project.
The course is accredited through the International School of Postgraduate Studies at University of Granada in Spain and by the CPD Standards Office who will provide 50 hours of CPD if successfully completed.
For further information and to register please click on the link below.