Intergenerational Training Session for volunteers - Jedburgh (Bespoke to Cheviot and Borders only)
Tuesday 28th February 2023, 4:00pm - 5:30pm
Jedburgh Town Hall, Abbey Pl, Jedburgh TD8 6BE
This is a bespoke Intergenerational Training session is available to volunteers from the Borders and Cheviot area of Scotland. It is offered FREE to all volunteers from the area and is being hosted with funding from Cheviot Community Welfare Trust Fund. It emphasize the health benefits that intergenerational practice can have when working using best practice and maximizing knowledge and understanding of what can be achieved through intergenerational work to improve community cohesion and wellbeing. This bespoke training will look at resources from Generations Working Together and the Soil Association to cover:
- Health benefits of engaging with other generations
- Working outside in nature (or inside if this is what someone is doing)
- Learning to work in collaboration
- Strengthening community bonds
- Promoting active citizenship and volunteering
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence
- Look at how social isolation and loneliness affects people from all generations.
Book Your Place
Please complete the form to book your place. To access the discounted rate please ensure you have signed in before registering. You must also answer every question before you can submit the booking below. Thank you.
Price for members: £FREE
Are you a member? Please sign in first.
Non-members: If you live in Scotland, membership is free! Join here.