Crowdfund for Heritage - £125,000 Available for Heritage Projects
Conserving, sharing and celebrating your heritage, memories and cultures in Scotland, North West and South West EnglandCrowdfunder, supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, is working to help you get people involved with the heritage projects that mean a lot to you and those around you.
We’re talking about the historic sites, places, buildings, cultures and traditions that are beloved of the people in your community.
Our aim is to support heritage projects in Scotland, North West England and South West England that are looking to raise between £4,000 and £40,000.
What is a heritage project?
Heritage includes many different things from the past that we value and want to pass on to future generations. Heritage projects eligible for this extra funding could include:
- Collections of objects, books or documents in museums, libraries or archives.
- Cultural traditions such as stories, festivals, crafts, music, dance and costumes.
- Historic buildings.
- Archaeological sites.
- Histories of people and communities.
- Histories of places and events.
- The heritage of languages and dialects.
- Natural and designed landscapes and gardens.
- People’s memories and experiences (often recorded as ‘oral history’).
- Places and objects linked to our industrial, maritime and transport history.
- Natural heritage including habitats, species and geology.
What type of impact does your project need to have?
To be eligible for this extra funding, your project will have at least one of the following impacts:
- People will learn about heritage.
- People will develop skills.
- People will change their attitudes and/or behaviour.
- People will have an enjoyable experience.
- People will volunteer time.
Fit the bill?
If your project fires up your community to pledge, you could get 25% of the project funded – up to £10,000.
To receive funding, projects must be also supported by at least five unique backers and use the ‘All-or-Nothing’ funding option only.
Projects must be run by not-for-profit organisations with a formal governing document (constitution).
To find out more and how to apply please visit Crowdfunder website
You can be based anywhere in the UK, but your project must be based in Scotland, the North West or the South West of England.