Growing a Greener Britain Small Grants Programme
Growing a Greener Britain, a registered charity, is providing grants to constituted community groups for projects which help transform green spaces in Great Britain.
Constituted community groups in Great Britain can apply for grants of up to £1,000 for projects which transform green spaces in Great Britain.
- Improvements or modifications to publicly-accessible:
- Green open spaces including green spaces in social housing schemes.
- Work in state school grounds.
- Work in privately owned grounds that encourage the public to enter and enjoy them free of charge, including some university grounds.
- Creating wildlife areas and ponds.
- Improvement of disabled access.
- Making an area safer or more family-friendly.
- Environmental and Biodiversity management/education projects in local communities.
- Training or employment projects which offer opportunities for young people who are not currently in training or employment.
Applicants must satisfy Growing a Greener Britain’s charitable objectives of:
- Creating improvements to free, publicly accessible green space.
- Providing local employment opportunities through the creation of maintenance projects.
- Providing training and work experience opportunities for those in the local community.
- Promoting green open spaces within the local community.
Applicants are advised that funding is limited and as such some projects may not receive funding.
Applications are accepted at any time.
To find out more about this funding and how to apply please visit Growing a Greener Britain website