The Children, Young People, Families, Early Intervention and Adult Learning and Empowering Communities Fund
The CYPFEIF aspect of the Fund aims to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families. The key components of the CYPFEIF Fund are:
1. Promote the GIRFEC wellbeing indicators and the implementation of UNCRC.
2. Delivery of prevention and early intervention activities.
3. Improving parenting capacity and family support.
The ALEC element of the Fund supports third sector organisations to deliver outcomes that improve opportunities for adult learning and building community capacity. The primary objectives of the ALEC fund are:
1. Prevention and early intervention through adult learning and community capacity building.
2. Supporting the delivery of lifelong, learner-centred adult learning as outlined in the Adult Learning in Scotland Statement of Ambition.
3. Using asset based approaches to work with adult learners or with communities to plan and co-design learning or capacity building opportunities.
The core funding awards were announced by the Scottish Government in December 2015, with £14 million allocated to third sector organisations for 2016 and 2017. Further to this, the Scottish Government announced an additional £2 million in Project Funding. The Project Funding will be available for charities supporting children, young people, families and adult learning.
Full details can be found on the Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland website – see below for the link.