FREE online Gardening Activities
Little/no knowledge of gardening is assumed and tips on adapting activities for those clients with limited mobility, frailty or cognitive issues are included.
Here is what is on offer:
• Trellis LIVE ZOOM – NEW series starts 21st July. Register for these FREE fun/informal training events (60 mins, Wednesdays 14:00 via Zoom), with giveaways , so you can try it out at home. Live practical gardening demonstrations plus Q&A ( providing inspiration/ ideas for gardening activities- benefits & adaptations) for those supporting people to garden in care/community/education settings Register here
• We also offer certificated Seasonal Gardening Activities training units via our Online Learning platform, again aimed at those with no gardening knowledge in care/community/education settings. There is a FREE taster unit ‘ Introduction to Seasonal Gardening Activities’, for more details
• See Trellis YouTube for past LIVE ZOOM and additional gardening activities videos here
Activity Suggestions and ‘How to’ gardening skills sheets
• FREE to download/print – lots of gardening activity ideas to try
• Seasonal Gardening Activities Resource Packs: individual Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring packs to buy £14.99 each, see “Trellis Shop(external)”: https://shop.trellisscotland.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=60
In addition, we offer our query and fieldwork services to help you make the most of the outdoor areas you have . If you do have underused/neglected outdoor areas that you plan to garden in (and have staff to support this), we can advise on layout and planting. Let Trellis know if you’d be interested in this and we can arrange a phone call to chat through options.