International Certificate in Intergenerational Practice (ICIP)
"This course has been so wonderful. I have learned so much and it has given me the confidence to speak to others about IG Practice and get my community involved. This week my abstract was accepted for a youth mental health conference in August, and I was invited to present on the benefits of IG practice to support youth mental wellness. I am so excited to introduce other Canadians working in mental health, as well as policy makers, to all the benefits of IG programming! I look forward to taking some other GWT courses and keeping in touch with the group for workshops and conferences. I will highly recommend GWT to others."(Student, ICIP 1, 2022)
Course: International Certificate in Intergenerational Practice - Edition 4
Dates: Tuesday 3rd October 2023 - Monday 27th November 2023
This course now sits within GWT's own Moodle platform however we continue to run and develop the course in close partnership with the Macrosad Chair of Intergenerational Studies, Professor Mariano Sanchez at the University of Granada. We shall be involving the same team of expert tutors and will be looking to train up new tutors from across the globe to help grow and develop the course over the next few years. The move has allowed greater flexibililty for development and growth and provides an opportunity to build a more up to date platfrom for students.
The course will consist of three on-line modules taking approximately 75 hours to complete over 8 weeks. Each student will receive support from an online tutor.
For additional information about the course, see the Frequently Asked Questions link below.
Special Offer for Edition 4 - 50% discount
Member: Normal price £230 now £115
Non - Member Normal price £275 now £138
The course is aimed at anyone who wants to gain a deeper understanding of intergenerational work, its purpose, impact and practical application to enable them to apply this within their own work. Students can complete their studies at times which are suitable to them as long as this falls between the start and finish date.
The course is open to all including: community workers, care home activity coordinators, nursery/playgroup staff, primary/secondary teachers, classroom assistants, community learning & development, social care professionals, social workers, sociologists, psychologists, leisure & physical activity professionals, employment advisors, doctors, nurses and healthcare workers, librarians and third sector professionals of all backgrounds and levels.
On completion of this online training course students will:
- Understand what we mean by intergenerational practice and projects and what they can achieve.
- Understand the ways in which intergenerational practice and projects are of relevance in different contexts and situations and why they are so important in today’s changing society.
- Understand how intergenerational practice and projects can contribute to more inclusive communities and workplaces.
- Understand and recognise the importance of monitoring and evaluating intergenerational projects.
- Understand some of the opportunities and issues, which can arise in monitoring and evaluating an intergenerational project.
The course is accredited by the CPD Standards Office who will provide 75 hours of CPD if successfully completed.
Our expert panel of tutors include:
- Professor Mariano Sanchez (University of Granada)
- Alison Clyde (CEO Generations Working Together - GWT)
- Lorraine George (Learning & Development Officer GWT)
- Bella Kerr (Intergenerational Development Officer GWT)
- Judith Ish-Horowicz (Apples and Honey Nightingale)
- Lois Peach (University of Bristol)
- Betty Good (LINKages Society Canada)
For further details and to register for edition 4 starting October 2023 click here.
Course dates for 2024:
Edition 5 - Tues 16th Jan - Mon 11th March
Edition 6 - Tues 7th May - Mon 1st July
2:00pm Tuesday 3rd October - 11:00pm Monday 27th November 2023
Wednesday 25th October 2023, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday 26th October 2023, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday 9th November 2023, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday 28th November 2023, 10:00am - 4:00pm