W.G. EDWARDS CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
This scheme provides grants of up £5,000 to registered charities providing care for older people in the UK. There are no specified requirements for match funding although the average grant size is £2,200.
Funding is mainly available for capital projects, although innovative schemes for ongoing care are also considered. However funding is not available for the following:
1. Buying or leasing transport, i.e. minibuses.
3. General campaigns.
4. Revenue funding, i.e. items for everyday use such as sheets etc.
5. Building projects in the planning stages.
6. IT which is for the use of administration.
7. Retrospective items.
8. If your charity has received a previous grant, you must wait two years before applying for another grant.
Applications must include:
1. Confirmation that the organisation is a registered charity.
2. Brief details of the project.
3. Budget statement for the project.
4. Current fundraising achievements and proposals for future fundraising.
5. Items of expenditure within project costing between £1,000 to £5000 – trustees currently prefer to give towards a named item rather than into a pool building fund.
6. Copy of latest Accounts if available.
Funding is mainly available for capital projects, although innovative schemes for ongoing care are also considered.
Further information and guidance is available by either writing to Tamzin Mackie, W.G. Edwards Charitable Foundation
14 Windsor Terrace, South Gosforth, Newcastle, NE3 1YL
Applications may be submitted at any time; however the trustees meet in January, April, July and November of each year.