International Certificate in Intergenerational Learning - Edition 6
2:00pm Tuesday 27th October - 11:00pm Monday 14th December 2020
7 week online course (£170 member / £195 non-member)
Sign in to ensure you receive your member discount, where applicable.
Generations Working Together in partnership with the University of Granada is delighted to be able to offer another opportunity to participate on this accredited on-line course.
The course is aimed at anyone who wants to gain a deeper understanding of intergenerational work, its purpose, impact and practical application to enable them to apply this within their own work. Students can complete their studies at times which are suitable to them as long as this falls between the start and finish date.
This can include occupational therapists, nursery/playgroup staff, primary and secondary teachers, classroom assistants, community learning & development and social care professionals, social workers, sociologists, psychologists, leisure & physical activity professionals, employment advisors, doctors, nurses and healthcare workers, librarians and third sector professionals of all backgrounds, amongst many others.
Non Members £195
Application deadline: Thursday 23rd October 2020
On completion of this online training course students will:
- Understand what we mean by intergenerational practice and projects and what they can achieve.
- Understand the ways in which intergenerational practice and projects are of relevance in different contexts and situations and why they are so important in today’s changing society.
- Understand how intergenerational practice and projects can contribute to more inclusive communities and workplaces.
- Understand and recognise the importance of monitoring and evaluating intergenerational projects.
- Understand some of the opportunities and issues, which can arise in monitoring and evaluating an intergenerational project.
Students will be able to:
- Recognise and put into practice the practical and theoretical understanding they have gained through the course in planning intergenerational projects and centres.
- Apply the standards of intergenerational work.
- Successfully create opportunities and overcome some of the challenges, which may arise bringing different generations together.
- Apply appropriate methods for the monitoring and evaluating intergenerational project.
- “I really enjoyed completing this course and certainly have found it thought provoking. I think it will make a significant impact on my intergenerational projects and it inspires me to continue to develop the work I am doing.”
- “It has been very interesting, practical and accessible. My tutor and fellow students have all been helpful and friendly. This has been a good experience for me and I am sure I will put what I have learned into practice very soon.”
- “I found this course easy to follow and navigate. Resources and tasks were in a logical order and extremely easy to access, without being too heavily reading based. The assignments and activities were the perfect balance of both open to interpretation with enough guidance to know you were on the right track. This enabled me to reflect on my own practice and complete tasks in the context of the work I am currently involved with. The forums and contact with other students was invaluable. The network of other industry professionals was of benefit to bounce ideas and share problem solving etc. I would have no hesitation in recommending this course to a colleague or fellow intergenerational professional.”
- “The course has focused my intergenerational practice and has given me confidence when engaging with others on how to deliver an intergenerational project relaying some of the do’s and don’ts for success.”
- “The course was interesting, informative and relevant. I feel the course had good content and was generally easy to use and operate independently. I gained good feedback from my course tutor who was positive and gave good points of interest through answers. I also felt the course had a good mix of various types of learning to meet everyone’s needs.”
- “I feel the course has given me the skills to be more confident when evaluating and has made me think more of what the aims and objectives of the projects are and how best to achieve them. It has given me more encouragement to set up new projects and inspire others in the way I have been inspired.”
- “I really enjoyed undertaking this course and am very grateful for all the feedback that has been given throughout. The enthusiasm of the tutors for the course has been very clear from the outset and the encouragement they have given to students is on of the strengths of the course.”
The course will run over a 7 week period, starting on Tuesday 27th October 2020 and finishing on Monday 14th December 2020. The course will consist of three on-line modules and will take approximately 60 hours to complete. Each student will receive support from a named tutor online.
The course is accredited through the University of Granada’s General Foundation in Spain and by the CPD Standards Office who will provide 50 hours of CPD if successfully completed.
- Book your place below completing all sections fully
- GWT will issue an invoice by email.
Please note that payments must be made in full by Thursday 23rd October 2020.
For further information regarding payment or bookings, please contact the office by email or calling 0141 559 5024.
For further course content details please contact Alison Clyde.
Please note that by submitting your information, you are permitting Generations Working Together to retain your data for a period of one year. This will be stored in physical files, on our server and on our database for reporting to GWT Board, University of Granada, Spain and for recording statistics.
After the retention period, these files will be deleted as appropriate. We may keep some anonymised data for statistics/reporting in line with GDPR regulations.
Should you wish to discuss in more details about this please get in touch with us by phone at 0141 559 5024 or by email and one of our colleagues will be able to answer your questions.